We’re using business as a force for good.
We are now proud to be part of a global community of over 5,000 companies that are using the power of business for positive social and environmental change.
As a business that’s held true to our values over the last 16 years – a longstanding commitment to putting people first and being conscious of our impact in all that we do – attaining B Corp certification is a major achievement and milestone for the entire Nature team.
We are beyond proud to receive one of the top certifications in the world, even more so to be the first insights firm in Australia and New Zealand to do so.
It is our long-term goal to operate Nature in a socially responsible way by giving equal consideration to people and planet as well as profit and we look forward to continuing this commitment well into the future.
What is a certified B Corp?
Certified B Corporations are for-profit companies that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
The certification process uses credible, comprehensive, transparent and independent standards of social and environmental performance, measuring a company across five categories: governance, workers, customers, community and the environment.
In order to achieve certification, a company must demonstrate high social and environmental performance by reaching a B Impact Assessment score of 80 or above.
For more information about B Corp certification, click here.
Why did we decide to become a B Corp?
Nature is in the business of informing tomorrow to help our clients solve complex issues. Part of that means being aware of our own impact on tomorrow. We are determined to ensure that impact is positive for our people, our community, and our environment. Aligning our organisation with B Lab’s vision was the natural next step in bringing our core values to life and proving that profit and purpose can go hand-in-hand.
We’re a business built on people, so making sure the way we operate has a positive impact on the wider community is in our nature.
Our B Impact Assessment Score
B Corp Certification takes a holistic approach that requires engagement from the whole team.
Companies must complete the B Impact Assessment, which measures a company’s performance for environment, communities, customers, suppliers, employees, and shareholders.
Nature’s B Impact Assessment Score is 92. This is above the threshold score of 80 required to meet B Corp’s certification standards, and well above the median score of 50.9 for ordinary businesses who complete the assessment.
Some of the changes we’ve made on the journey to certification
Policies and Procedures
- Our Parental Leave Policy is one of the most progressive in the Australian services industry, offering six months paid parental leave.
- Our Public Holiday Swap-Out Policy launched in January 2022 allows public holidays to be swapped out for preferred days based on individually recognised holidays.
- Our Flexibility Policy adapts around or team’s preferences while being geared towards ensuring there is energy in the office for the benefit of those at a critical part of their learning journey.
- This year we launched Nurture, our bespoke Learning and Development Platform, which is tailored to the individual level. Each person can pick and choose modules based on where they are in their growth journey, and learn at their own pace.
- Our Indigenous Affairs Committee works on raising the awareness and understanding of our team on the lived experience of First Nations peoples, so we can individually and collectively better act as catalysts for change.
- We offer our people one day off a year to give to a charitable cause.
- We also partner with multiple community organisations, including Australian Literacy and Numeracy Foundation, to help young indigenous children learn basic reading and math skills, St Kilda Mums in getting together to pack essential items for women in need, and domestic violence charity Safe Steps, where we have raised money by participating in Run Melbourne over the last three years.
Office and physical spaces
- In 2021 we moved our Melbourne team into a larger, more eco-friendly and accessible office.
- We have implemented processes that monitor and optimise energy, resource and water usage in our office space.
- We take care to source our office suppliers responsibly.
This is just the beginning.
We’re so proud of how far we’ve come, but it doesn’t end here. There’s still work to be done and we look forward to sharing the rest of our B Corp journey with you.