Analyst / Senior Analyst – Marketing Science
- Are you someone who loves working with others to solve problems?
- Are you looking for versatility and the ability to develop with a supportive team around you?
- Are you keen to be part of a diverse yet close-knit team of people who genuinely care about each other?
A role at Nature is one of those once-in-a-blue-moon opportunities that ticks all these boxes. It would see you land in a supportive team where you’d have the opportunity to learn from some of the brightest thinkers in the marketing industry. And it would mean you have the opportunity to work on the most impressive range of clients, work types and strategic challenges the market has to offer. It’s the kind of role where no challenge we tackle is ever the same as the one before, ensuring you’re always growing, being challenged, and being kept on your toes – in the best possible way!
Our agency suits passionate professionals who are keen to thrive and grow to be their best, as part of a caring, nurturing and supportive environment.
We’re a strategic insights consulting agency that conducts all types of insights-related work. We’ve carved out a reputation as the agency to work with when solid empirical evidence is needed to inform critical business and marketing decisions. We do this through a unique blend of evidence-based insights and consulting. Our philosophy is one of understanding our clients and the problem first, and then determining how to solve the business challenge in a way that’s grounded in evidence. We play a hands-on role in helping our clients unlock commercial growth opportunities, evolve brand strategies, develop new ads and products, and inform social initiatives. We deal directly with Executive Teams and Boards at some of Australia’s biggest organisations to do so, as well as working closely with advertising and media agencies.
We are looking for an experienced Analyst / Senior Analyst to add capacity to our marketing science team, assisting in the delivery of exceptional work to our clients. This will expose you to all facets of our methods, from ensuring the quality of the data and information that we leverage, through to conducting complex analysis and the practical visualisation of data.
This role is well suited to someone with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner. Our analysts don’t sit in the “back room” – they work directly with our consultants, so need to be able to work in a collaborative and consultative manner.
To be successful, you will need to have proficiency across basic to intermediate data developmental and analytical techniques and be looking to improve your knowledge and confidence of these with our support. These include data development methods such as outlier detection, structuring/building, weighting and market sizing, and a range of exploratory and predictive analytic techniques pertinent to marketing science.
Who You Are:
- A highly-motivated, self-directed, detail-oriented analyst, who is not afraid to tackle challenging assignments
- Experienced in a range of software – eg Q, SPSS, R/Python, Sawtooth Family, Tableau/Other BI platforms
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A strong collaborator with the desire to support your colleagues and ability to understand project requirements and come up with effective and timely solutions
- A proven track record of delivering on your promises, on time
At Nature, Analysts are expected to consistently:
- Take absolute ownership of the part they play in delivering projects and working alongside the consultant teams
- Deliver high quality work, delivered internally to maintain high precision on technical accuracy
- Take an active role in seeking opportunities for their own development, by hand raising to offer support without detriment to existing projects and timelines
- Bring to the attention of more senior members of the team any opportunities for wider company-wide training
- Provide input into and review questionnaires for quality control purposes, e.g., programming instructions, question & scale format, and QC testing of survey links
- Undertake data preparation work to prepare data files for analysis (e.g., cleaning, recoding, restructuring, weighting) – leveraging external data sources as required (e.g., ABS Census)
- Develop regular outputs for tracking projects as specified by consultants
- Deliver ad-hoc data analysis requests, providing results in a concise manner according to specifications under guidance from senior members of the analytics team
- Work with consultants, as necessary, to interpret analytic output and feed into final debrief storylines
- Management of client sample processes and specified data streams (e.g., benchmark databases)
- Work with analytical and data visualisation technology to support data analytics (e.g., Kapiche, Tableau)
To join our team, it would be great if you have:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree, or post-graduate qualification
- 2+ years of experience in role at a marketing/insights agency, dealing with data that is created through primary research (5+ years for a Senior role).
We know that any new role or career is a two-way street, so let us tell you a bit more about us and what we’re passionate about.
- Our people are our lifeblood. We have a diverse team, from different backgrounds, who each see the world differently from one another. This is a beautiful thing that results in better outcomes for our clients, and a more enjoyable and intellectually rewarding process for us. We celebrate diversity, as it makes us stronger at solving problems and developing strategies for our clients.
- We have a great culture, where people love what they do and feel supported, while having fun at the same time. We may be biased, but our culture is one that’s rare – one of openness, influence, connectivity and ownership. It’s something special, not something you see every day, and it’s something we fight to protect.
- We have 5 core company values that underpin the fabric of who we are: having an owner’s mindset; teamwork & collaboration; honesty & authenticity; caring for self, others & the community; and the desire for growth and development
- We’re committed to sustainable practices and supporting the industry and the wider community (from pro bono work to charity events and external speakers that challenge us to see the world beyond ourselves)
- We have market-leading parental policies, providing 6 months paid leave for the primary caregiver, as well as IVF & surrogacy support
- We celebrate the wins, from new projects won, to exciting life milestones in the team
- We’re open about our shortcomings and welcome constructive feedback individually and collectively to help springboard our growth journey
- We’re passionate about learning & development, with a state-of-the-art platform that tailors the learning & development journey to the individual